Thursday, October 29, 2009

11 Smart Logos.

One of my favorite area of graphic design are logos. It is often the first impression you give to the client of your company. A good logo needs to be memorable and unique. It needs to be smart and simple yet sophisticated at the same time. I've seen many logos in my researched since a year a ago. These are some of my favorite, you maybe not see classic logos like coca-cola and others here because I am focusing on smart logo that uses the type form to tell you about the company.


This one uses the U and the P to form the umbrella. I don't know about you guys, but I remember this logo just by glancing at it.



So obvious, yet would you have come up with it? Just one element added. The beak of the bird. Simple amazing. Some of these logos just make you say why didn't I come up with that?



The N is replaced by the number 2. Smart!



Not much to explain here, I think I would have come to the same conclusion I think. So simple that it couldn't be any other way.



This one is smart. Again, same as the logo above, playing with the idea of a helium balloon. So simple. But did you see the merge between the U and M? I think there's an element there that I might have never consider.



One of my all time favorite. It's a food critics guild's logo. Where it's the ink well pen tip where the middle is a spoon. Every time I look at this logo I get blown away by its simplicity and effectiveness.


This one probably over post, but oh well. I think it's just too smart and probably accidental. I wonder how much of logo designing is luck and how much is skills?



This is a smart concept. Where they form the who logo with the form on the number 8. I would have never think twice about this idea. This is simply skills.



A smart simple design. The C and S in creative sweet are represented by their lowest recognizable form.



This one is just beautiful. Very memorable.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. like what i said.. do drink logos ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for including my Umbrella Prints logo! Much appreciated! (I know I'm commenting rather late, but someone just showed me this post)

    ReplyDelete